Friday, June 22, 2012 | To strengthen your marriage, place an amethyst geode under the bed, toward the foot. This will foster romance and understanding.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 | For a more inviting love life, make the bed each and every day. Keep fresh flowers in the boudoir for renewed energy.
Thursday, June 21, 2012 | If you have a ceiling fan in the bedroom, hang a faceted crystal from a red ribbon here. This will maintain your sex drive.
The ancient Chinese method of Feng Shui helps us to balance our homes and create happier, more successful lives, room by room. We often turn our attention to the bedroom, the sanctuary where we can rest and recharge.It’s easy to “map” your bedroom according to Feng Shui principles so you can create more harmony in the bedroom. This also improves all energy creating a more peacful resting place.
- Draw a roughly square outline of your bedroom on a piece of paper. The wall that has the primary entrance to your room in it should be the bottom line of the square.
- Divide the square into nine equal squares, three rows of 3 squares each.
- Start with the lowest row of squares, that describes the areas when you first walk into your bedroom. The far left corner of the room when you first enter is the area of Knowledge. The center square relates to Career, and the right-hand square is Helpful People/Travel.
- Now look at the central row of squares, that describes the middle of your bedroom. The far left square relates to Family/Health. The central square is the Tao, or Center, and the right-hand square is Creativity/Children.
- Look at the top row of squares. The far left square relates to Wealth, the central square to Fame/Reputation, and the far right square to Relationships/Romance.
- Your layout should look something like this:
- Knowledge-Career-Helpful People/Travel
- Place objects that will work best for each area of your room, helping you to attract more of what you need.
- Knowledge: Bookcase, books, tools for self-development
- Career: Mirrors or water-related items, images to support your career goals
- Helpful People/Travel: Pictures of your helpers
- Family/Health: Family photos, heirlooms, plants
- Creativity/Children: Art supplies, artwork, computer
- Wealth: Money, jewelry, fish, fountains, anything red, purple or gold
- Fame/Reputation: Candles, awards, plants, anything red, orange or purple
Relationships/Romance: Round or oval mirrors, anything pink, pictures of loved ones, paired objects (like two candlesticks or two crystals)
- Choose the right colors to use. Color is a very important part of feng shui. It is one of the easiest ways to shift the energy in your space with Feng Shui. It represents Ying and Yang. Each color is an expression of one of the Five Feng Shui Elements: Fire, Earth, Metal, Water, and Wood. The elements are used in specific areas according to the feng shui energy map of your space, or Bagua. Choose the Feng Shui colors according to the energy you need and bring them into your space with the wall color, art, photography, or various decor items. Color is like music, nourishing and uplifting, and the more colors you harmoniously absorb throughout the day, the higher your sense of well-being is. Do not be afraid to bring vibrant colors into your space as color is light, and light is our number one nutrient.
- Include fire - passion and high energy
- A balanced Feng Shui Fire element in your space will bring a supporting energy in all your career efforts and will help you achieve recognition.
- Fire is the energy of the South
- Fire energy is also recommended in the Northeast and Southwest feng shui areas of your space.
- Feng Shui fire element colors are:
- Strong Yellow3. Include colors for earth - nourishment and stability.
- A strong and harmonious Feng Shui Earth element in your home will help create stability, nourishment and protection for all your relationships.
- Earth is the Feng Shui element of Northeast and Southwest.
- It is also the element of Center of your home.
- Feng Shui Earth element colors are:
- Light Yellow
4. Include metal - clarity and preciseness.
- Feng Shui metal element brings the qualities of sharpness, precision, clarity and efficiency; its balanced presence will help you live with clarity and lightness.
- Metal is the Feng Shui element of West and Northwest.
- Metal element is also good to use in the North area of your home or office.
- Feng Shui metal element colors are:
- White5. Use water - ease, freshness, and abundance.
- A harmonious Feng Shui Water element will bring a refreshing energy of calm, ease, purity and freshness. Water is also the ancient symbol of abundance, thus a potent Feng Shui cure.
- Water is the Feng Shui element of North.
- Water element is also good to use in the East and Southeast areas of your space.
- Feng Shui water element colors are:
- Black6. Include wood - health and vitality.
- Lush and healing, the Feng Shui Wood element will bring the energy of health, vitality and growth. It is also an expression of abundance, thus an ancient Feng Shui cure for wealth and prosperity.
- Wood is the Feng Shui element of the East and Southeast areas of your space.
- Wood element is also good to use in the South.
- Feng Shui wood element colors are:
- Have a good headboard. The best feng shui headboards are the ones that are solid and made from wood, or the upholstered ones, as they have a very good combination of solid, but also gentle and supporting feng shui energy for you and your bedroom.
- Get a good mattress. There are a variety of mattresses on the market, choose wisely and invest in the one that will promote best sleep and relaxation. The better you sleep at night, the better your health during the day, this is really simple. Be mindful of good feng shui and do not buy used mattresses.
- Make sure it is a good height. To allow for a balanced feng shui energy flow under the bed you need to have your bed at a reasonable height above the floor level. Generally, the beds that have built-in storage drawers underneath to help you with storage solutions are considered bad feng shui beds. Why? Because the energy needs to circulate around your body when you sleep.
- Place the bed in the area further from the door or diagonally from the door, but not in line with the door. In other words, you want to be able to see the door while in bed, but not be aligned with the door. Be it the bedroom door, the door to the balcony/patio, the bathroom door or your closet doors, you do not want your bed in line with any of the doors in your bedroom.
- Have a good supporting wall behind your bed. In addition to a good headboard, you always want to have a solid wall behind your bed. When you sleep under the window, your personal energy tends to get weaker in time, as it has neither proper support, not protection.
- Place grounding and balanced energy (e.g. nightstands) on both sides of the bed
- Position your bed away from the walls that have electric appliances on either side (the computer, the fridge, or the TV)
If you want to apply the Western feng shui Bagua, be sure you know how to apply the Western Bagua.
Each of the 8 feng shui areas, or directions, has a feng shui element, feng shui colors, and life areas associated with it.
amber - Petrified pine tree sap that is millions of years old, usually golden to yellow-brown in color. Considered sacred in many cultures. Cleanses the environment in which it rests. Used to be burned, as a fumigant and as an incense to clear the negativity of the space. Emits a sunny and bright soothing energy which helps to calm nerves and to enliven the disposition. Stimulates the intellect. Purifies one’s body mind and spirit. Has protective energy.
amethyst - One of the most spiritual and purifying stones. Color ranges form deep purple to pale lavender. Excellent stone to use in meditation. Stills the mundane thoughts so that the mind can experience tranquility. Initiates inner calm and peace, as well as wisdom and greater understanding. Clears the aura. Bestows stability, strength, invigoration and peace. Calms fears, raises hopes.
ammonite - A bright, multi-colored fossil, over 65 million years old with a very strong healing energy. Feng Shui experts agree over ammonite as being one of the most powerful stones to be used in healing the environment. When placed in a home or business, radiates a strong harmonizing energy reversing the negative into positive. When worn as jewelry, the gemstone reduces the body toxicity, generates creativity, increases libido, improves wisdom, intellect, promotes enterpreneurship and attracts wealth. Owning an ammonite is considered very lucky.
agate - Comes in a variety of colors and displays different layers, symbolizing the intergation of many facets of our Being. Very good stone for meditation, as well as good protective stone used for travel. Very comforting stone to handle. Agate helps you to become more settled and at peace with yourself, wherever you happen to be. Promotes a sense of strength and courage.
aquamarine - This light blue crystal encourages one to tell the truth and is very effective in reconciliations and human relations in general. Was used in exorcism (driving away bad spirits) Helps release fears. Helps relax. Promotes inspiration, peace, calmness and love.
carnelian - This red orangey stone stimulates a deep love and appreciation for the beauty and gifts of the earth. Provides the frequency conductive to the stabilization of the energy in the home. Has a warming, social, joyous energy. Pink carnelian encourages love between parents and children. Can help teach how to utilize personal power in the physical world. Good for absentminded or unfocused, as it grounds the attention into the present moment. Was worn in ancient Egypt to still anger. Stimulates analytical capabilities and precision.
citrine - This golden brown crystal spreads the sun-like energy: warming, comforting, penetrating, energizing and life-giving. Activates the navel and solar plexus chakra, stimulating personal power, creativity, all the energy necessary to enhance the physical body. Stimulates the intuitive self. Attracts abundance. Delivers both comfort and optimism. Can help dispense fundamental level of fear. Promotes a radiance from within the self, culminating in happy disposition. When people are extremely sensitive and vulnerable to outside influences and energies, it is good to carry or wear citrine. Excellent to place in the kitchen or bathrooms.
clear quartz - Most common crystal, often times can be cloudy or milky. The natural tendency of quartz is for harmony. Produces a naturally-balanced energy field. Can produce a force field of healing negative ions while clearing the surrounding atmosphere of positive ions. Tends to cancel the harmful effects of radiation and radioactivity. Acts as a physical and mental energizer. Provides for purification of physical, mental and spiritual bodies. Whether the crystal is worn, carried or placed in one’s environment, its force remains attuned to the energy of the one to whom it is connected. Needs to be cleansed and recharged often. A powerful feng shui cure - not to be confused with lead crystals, which contain poison and do not carry the above properties.
coral - It comes from the sea and is a vacated housing of a marine creature. It facilitates intuition, imagination and vizualization, can also quieten the emotions and help find peace from within. Black coral is said to absorb and transform negative energies when placed in one’s environment. Blue coral can bring success in business, especially commerce. Pink one helps strengthen the bonds of love, red coral helps align with the harmony of the universe and balance material with the spiritual. White coral is said to stimulate the energy flow and dissipate energy blockages in the physical body and fill voids in one’s aura.
diamond - The most perfect of all stones, one that has reached the summit of its evolution. A master healer. The hardest of all stones. A powerful amplifier, be careful when you wear it (i.e. if you are not well or have negative thoughts, it will amplify them) Enhances brain functions, purifies the body. Carries the energy of abundance, innocence, purity and faithfulness.
emerald - This green crystal is a strong emotional balancer. It strengthens the heart and the blood system. Enhances dreams and meditation. Carries the energy of prosperity, love, kindness, tranquility, healing, patience.
garnet - This deep red stone is very energising. Enhances imagination. Strengthens, purifies and regenerates bodily systems, especially the bloodstream. Helps overcome stubborness and self-created obstacles.
hematite - This heavy, solid, silvery black stone is said to be a powerful home protector if placed somewhere close to the main entrance. Can be worn as jewelry for grounding and stabilizing purposes. Called ‘the stone for the mind’, it can also assist in mathematical pursuits and in the development of both mental and manual dexterity. Can be used for memory enhancement, original thinking, it helps one realize that the only limitations which exists are those self-limiting concepts within the mind. Helps the body to remain cool, dispels heat at the physical level. Enhances optimism, will and courage.
jade - Jade symbolises serenity and meditation, especially in the oriental cultures. It is a powerful emotional balancer and it radiates divine, unconditional love. Peaceful and nurturing. Increases longevity and fertility. Good for bedrooms and meditation rooms.
jasper - A powerful healer that represents earth element. Helps to re-establish lost contact with nature and the Earth. Generates feelings of unity with life. Good for the kitchen or the heart point of the home/business.
lapus lazuli - This deep blue stone releases tension and anxiety. Energizes the throat chakra, thus enhances Communicative abilities. Brings Mental clarity and Illumination. Augments Strength, Vitality, Virility and Creative Expression. Good for Office/Study or in the Career sector.
malachite - One of the oldest known stones. Used for thousands of years for its healing and transforming properties. Personifies the deep healing green of nature, has great movement, flow and energy in its lines, circles and designs. It is the stone of transformation, assisting one in changing situations. Excellent stone for clarifying the emotions and for allowing the release of negative experiences which one cannot recall. Helps one to accept responsibility for one’s actions, circumstances, bringing understanding and intuitive answers. Represents fidelity in love and friendship, loyalty in partnerships. Said to protect against radiation, used to enhance immune system. Its deep green color is soothing. Glazing at it relaxes the nervous system and calms stormy emotions. Promotes tranquility and ensures sleep. Equalizing and balancing. Especially good for living room and kitchen, as well as for the bedrooms.
moonstone - This Soft and Translucent Stone with a Yellow to Blue-White Sheen helps to Soothe and Balance the Emotions. It helps one Gracefully Acknowledge the Changing Cycles, ups and downs. A stone for Feeling, understanding via Intuition and Emotions, rather than intellectual reasoning. Cleanses negativity from charkas, enhancing the Feminine Aspects of one’s Nature, providing the energy of Loving Compassion to further assist one through all changes. It is an especially good stone for teenagers. Teaches that there is Great Strength in Gentleness. Believed to bring Happiness to the environment in which resides. Good for the ‘Room of One’s Own’, wherever this may be.
obsidian - This lustruous volcanic glass is an excellent grounding and centering stone. Provides a shield against negativity, transforms negative vibrations within one’s environment. Very good protective stone, stabilizing internal and external energies. Stabilizes erratic energies or people who are overly emotional, spaced out, daydream or fantasize too much. Connects mind with emotions, reducess stress. Place in the hallway, living room or in the bedroom of an over-active child.
opal - This stone with the full spectrum of colors resonates with all chakras and enhances intuition. It can be used to enhance the feminine aspects of one’s being. Radiating various colors, this emotional balancer is ideal for busy living rooms or offices.
pearl - Pearl is one of the Most Feminine Stones that exist. It corresponds to the Energy of the Moon and of Water. It contains over 120 Various Minerals and Helps Strengthen Your Energy Field and Protect it from unwanted energies. It signifies Faith, Charity and Innocence, Enhances Personal Integrity. It also Symbolizes Purity and can Stimulate this condition in your body and mind. It has been used to Increase Fertility and Ease Childbirth. Ideal for the Bedroom or Powder Room.
peridot - This green stone emits a warm and friendly energy and is an overall balancer and tonic for body/mind. Reduces stress, stimulates the mind. Accelerates personal growth and opens new doors of opportunity. Very good for children’s rooms or study.
pyrite - This brass yellow mineral is an excellent protection from many forms of negative energy. Just having a piece of pyrite with you brings in the protective, shielding qualities of this stone and helps to keep out the negative vibrations of pollutants on the physical level. It enhances emotional body, strengthens the will, and stimulates a more positive outlook in life. It also helps your abilities to work with others harmoniously. It carries the warmth and lasting presence of the sun and promotes the recall of beautiful memories of love and friendship. Ideal for living room or office.
rose quartz - Most loving stone. Rose Quartz reprograms the heart to heal itself. Teaches that the source of love comes from within. The true meaning of love can be known only after first learning to give love to ourselves. Then it is possibly to truly love others. Comforts and heals any wounds that heart has accumulated. Most helpful for people who have never experienced the true essence of love. It spreads calm vibrations of soft sweet pink. Helps those whose basic emotional needs are not met. Eases sexual/emotional imbalances, cools hot temper, enhances self-confidence and creativity. Teaches the essence of forgiveness, compassion and love. Ideal for both children and adult bedrooms.
ruby - Known as a stone of nobility, it can improve one’s success in all aspects of life. Strengthens immunity. Increases courage, integrity, joy, spiritual devotion, power and leadership. Helps banish the sense of limitation and release the need for suffering. It has been used to promote the stability of one’s economic status. According to an old saying, as long as one retains a ruby, wealth will never depart. Ideal for wealth/prosperity area.
sapphire - Stone of creative expression, loyalty and love. It brings lightness and joy to the user or the environment it is placed in. Strengthens will and dispels confusion. Also known as the stone of prosperity. Ideal for creativity/children or wealth/prosperity areas.
smoky quartz - Dissipates subconscious blocks and negativity on many levels. Grounding, centering, helps people regain contact wth reality and achieve a more solid existence, balancing the spiritual and material aspects of our lives. Activates survival instincts and improves one’s intuition. Promotes personal pride and joy in living. Can be used in business to stimulate the unification of energies towards the same goal, as it is also known as the ‘stone for cooperation’. When purchasing smoky quartz, be sure that it is not a radiated form of clear quartz, as it will have different qualities. Ideal for business, living room, as well as children’s rooms.
tigers eye - The colours of this crystal range from red to brown, gold, black, and blue. It has the vibrations of sand and sunlight, synthesizing the energies of sand and earth. Combines sharpness and grounding. Contains solar energy, helps create courage and confidence. Warm stone, promotes energy flow throughout the body when worn. Helps to discipline sexual and emotional life, bringing light to instances where one must be practical. Eliminates sadness and brings optimism and brightness to the user. Assists in clarifying internal mental battles, allows ones passion for life to open and blossom. Balances both sides of the brain. Brings calmness to unsettled turmoil. Brings awareness of one’s personal needs as well as the needs of others. Good stone for promoting wealth and money.
topaz - Known as ‘the stone of true love and success in all endeavours’, topaz acts to replace negativity with love and joyfulness. It is considered to bring wealth and health to the holder. It also promotes individuality and creativity, helping with confidence into one’s decisions. Cleaning, soothing, tranquil energy. Ideal for office or study.
tourmaline - A powerful healer with strong protective qualities. It has been revered throughout cultures. Enhances sensitivity and understanding. Strengthenes and vitalizes both body and mind. Dispels fear and negative conditions. Helps one explore the inner world as much as the outer one. Helps concentration, brings inspiration, is highly electromagnetic. Ideal for office, as well as career and knowledge areas.
turqoise - Beautiful blue color stone which protects and promotes courage. Sacred to many Native Indian tribes. Valuable amulet for travelers. You can wear turquoise to attract new friends, be joyous and even-tempered and to increase beauty. Like all blue stones, turquoise is lucky and is carried to attract good fortune. Strengthens and aligns all charkas, meridians and subtle bodies. Can be used to protect against environmental pollutants. Valuable for grounding. Its soothing energy brings peace of mind. Assists in communication activities, both oral and written. Enhances trust, kindness and the recognition of beauty. Ideal for living room, office or child’s bedroom.
FENG SHUI USE OF CRYSTALS TIP # 1:
- Two rose quartz hearts are often placed in the Southwest feng shui area of the home to promote happy energy in a love relationship. Often a full bowl of rose quartz crystals is placed in the bedroom or bathroom as a feng shui love cure.
Tumbled hematite is often used in feng shui for its grounding and centering energy, as well as for its protective qualities.
FENG SHUI USE OF CRYSTALS TIP # 2:
- Another feng shui use of hematite is by the front door to benefit from its protective qualities. You can place several tumbled hematites either outside or inside your front door in a visually pleasing way. For example, if you have big pots with plants on both sides of the main door, you can place the hematites on top of the soil or at the base of the plant pot.
It is best to cleanse the crystals when you first buy or receive them as a gift. Crystal cleansing resets their vibration to be receptive to the new home and the new owner. Crystals should be cleansed regularly, as well as treated in a respectful and loving manner.
A home adorned with feng shui crystals is a home that is benefiting from powerful and natural earth energies.*
In feng shui, crystals are considered powerful feng shui cures and are used to improve the feng shui energy flow in various areas of the house or office, as well as to improve one’s own energy.
From rose quartz as a feng shui cure for love to pyrite and citrine as feng shui abundance crystals - explore the various feng shui uses of crystals.
The word crystal comes from the Greek word krystallos, meaning “frozen light”.
Cleanse the feng shui crystals when you first buy or receive them as a gift. It resets their vibration to be receptive to the new home and new owners.
Your feng shui crystals should be cleansed regularly, as well as treated in a respectful and loving manner.
A little indoor bamboo plant is considered lucky in feng shui when it combines/represents all five feng shui elements, which are:
- Wood - the Bamboo itself
- Earth - the Rocks the Bamboo grows in
- Water - the Water the Bamboo grows with
- Fire - most pots usually have a red ribbon tied to them
- Metal - the glass pots belong to the feng shui Metal element. If the Feng Shui Lucky Bamboo is planted in a pot other than glass, such as clay or ceramics, it will usually have either a metal coin, or a metal figurine with it.
Usually you will buy (or make) this feng shui cure with a specific number of bamboo stalks, most popular ones being:
As a rule, earth is most welcomed in the feng shui baguaareas of Southwest, Northeast, West, Northwest and Center. Its strong presence is best avoided in the North and South feng shui areas.
Natural crystals and stones are the best way to bring the earth feng shui element into your home. Go for a bowl filled with rock crystals or a crystal cluster on your coffee table. Learn how to use crystals for good feng shui and watch the energy in your home become calmer, healthier and happier because of these beautiful earth cures.
Numerous health benefits come from using a salt rock lamp or candle holder (when heated, salt rock becomes a natural air ionizer). And, of course, you are also adding the feng shui earth element where you most need it! Truly a must-have for a healthy feng shui home.
There is a good variety of clay figurines to choose from in order to bring the earth feng shui element. See what works best with your home decor, but be sure to go for this easy earth element solution. If it makes you happy, of course!
Double duty with this excellent feng shui earth element cure - not only you bring the needed feng shui element, you are also diffusing essential oils into the air! Fire being a nourishing element for the earth, this is a great choice for a feng shui earth element home cure.
In feng shui, color is one of the easiest way to bring the needed shift in the energy of your home or office. Earth feng shui element colors are all earthy colors, so feel free to paint your Southwest living room in a warm sandy color or go for luscious latte or maybe even rich terracotta in your bedroom.
When all you have space (or money!) for is a framed photo or a poster, you can still bring a strong earth feng shui element. Take your own photo of a warm landscape or buy it on-line; choose a reasonably priced Ikea frame (avoid metal ones), and you’ve just created a great feng shui cure!
Good feng shui depends a lot on good quality light. When you looking for best lighting fixtures to create a well-lit home, think how you can bring the needed feng shui element with the colors and design of your light fixtures. This modern chandelier is a winner, as in addition to earth element color and shape, it also has rock crystals!
You can bring a strong presence of rich earth element with such popular decor items as bowls or vases. Group several of them together for a nice and warm conversation energy or have a big earthenware bowl filled with crystals right in the center of your home!
What can be easier than to bring the needed feng shui element with beautiful decor accessories? Be it pillows, throws, rugs or curtains - you can always find a visually pleasing way to create good feng shui on your home. The winner in this category are the earth color rugs as they strengthen the feng shui foundation in your home and ground your energy. Choose rugs made from natural fibers.